What We Believe:
The Greater Shiloh Church believes in these manifest truths revealed in the Word of God.
- THE TRIUNE GOD: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (1John 5:7-8). For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was supernaturally conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to a virgin named Mary. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-20)
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God. (Matthew 3:16-17) He suffered, bled, died and was buried. He rose from the dead for our total salvation. (1Corinthians 15:3-6; Acts 4:8-12)
- We believe that Jesus is the Way, Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him. (John 3:36; John 14:6)
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who is God indwelling, empowering and regenerating the believer. He is called the Comforter, and the Spirit of Truth. (John 14:15-17, 26; Titus 3:5-7)
- We believe that all of the gifts of the Spirit are operating and available to the body of Christ today. (Romans 12:4-8, 1 Cor. 12:1-11, 1 Cor. 14:1-33)
- We believe the only way to receive eternal life is through the born again experience of confessing the Lordship of Jesus Christ and believing in the fact He was raised from the dead by the power of the Father. (John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9-10)
Our faith is based on Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior who is the Son of the living God and the Bible as the true and infallible Word of God which cleanses our souls. The Bible shows us God’s principles and standards for living, and it is the food that sustains us in all circumstances. It holds the words of eternal life and the keys of the kingdom of God. (John 1:14; 2Timothy 3:16-17; 1John 2:5-6) Our faith directs us to wash and renew our minds daily by the Word of God to achieve mature, fruitful, Christian living. (Romans 12:1-2; Ephesians 4:22-23)
- We will evangelize our community, the Lehigh Valley, and the world to draw the unsaved to Christ.
- Through discipleship we will strengthen people to walk in their priesthood with Christ-like maturity.
- We will edify the body through teaching, spiritual guidance, genuine fellowship and worship.
- We will attempt to equip each member for their life mission and ministry that they may exalt the Lord Jesus Christ in their walk.
Our Core Values:
- We value the fellowship of believers. (Hebrews 10:25)
- We value the transformation that comes from the study of the Word of God. (Romans 12:1-2)
- We value the development of a personal life of prayer and devotion. (1Thessalonians 5:17)
- We value corporate and individual worship. (Matthew 6:33; John 4:23-24)
- We value corporate and individual responsibility to evangelize. (Matthew 28:19)
- We value involvement in missionary work. (2Corinthians 3:2-2)
- We value spiritual reproduction. (Matthew 28:19)
- We teach justification by faith and that salvation is free and apart from any work of man. Salvation is of the sovereign grace of God. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 5:1)
- We teach that all believers should be water baptized by immersion. It is through baptism that we publicly indentify with the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:3-6; Acts 2:38; Matthew 28:19)
- We teach that all Christians need to partake of the communion elements which represent the Lord’s body and blood. It is by participating in the Lord’s Supper that we proclaim His death until His return. (John 6:53-56; 1Corinthians 11:23-32)
- We teach that the Holy Spirit makes possible the Fruit of the Spirit, enabling the believer to grow in spiritual maturity. (Galatians 5:22-23)
We envision ourselves as children of God who know who we are in Christ; embrace who we are in Christ; and walk out who Christ says we are.