A few Christian people with a desire for Sunday service called a meeting to organize a Baptist mission. On September 24, 1904, twelve members of African-American descent received a charter letter to establish their own church. After meeting in several homes, the group found themselves in need of a place to worship. The original building was purchased and paid for by the Second Methodist Episcopal Church of Easton. Eventually, they rented Thomson Hall on North 5th Street. In 1905, a delegation met from the Northern Baptist Convention and the Reading Baptist Church Association, which resulted in this Baptist mission being recognized and set apart as an independent Baptist Church. Upon recognition, the seventy-two members came together again, to select a name. “Shiloh,” was unanimously accepted by all, and the establishment of the Shiloh Baptist Church of Easton, Pennsylvania was complete. Over the years, Shiloh came under the administration of several pastors, which provided the Church with spiritual direction and unwavering stability. Under Rev. Wallace Roosezell, who served 17 years, the “cornerstone” was laid in 1924; the first mortgage was burned in 1937; and the baptismal pool was installed in 1940. Under Rev. Curtis Oliver, who served for 15 years, the church was renovated and an organ was purchased. The Shiloh Baptist Church persevered, solemnly working for the advancement of the Kingdom of Christ, and consistently remaining in sincere prayer and undying faith in God. On September 30, 1973, the last service was held in the old building. Due to demolition orders by the Redevelopment Authority of Easton, the congregation was forced to vacate the premises. Although they were without a pastoral leader and a building, the congregation graciously accepted space from other local churches and continued to worship together. In 1974, Reverend Fred Davis accepted God’s call and is the present pastor. Pastor and Mrs. Davis knew the dream of the congregation was to rebuild Shiloh. The groundbreaking took place in December 1975, and the dream was realized in the summer of 1976. Within 5 years, the mortgage was burnt in September 1980. By 1986, the membership of Shiloh Baptist Church increased so much that the edifice required remodeling.
Under Senior Pastor Fred Davis' leadership and vision, , the congregation of Shiloh developed from 19 to more than 1000 active members. Moreover, God empowered the Shiloh Baptist Church to achieve various accomplishments:
1981 – the purchase of 2.5 acres of land adjacent to the Church.
1993 – the completion of the Shiloh Manor, a 58 unit senior citizens building.
1992 – the purchase of 10.5 acres across the street from the Church.
1993 – May: arsonist sets fire to Shiloh Baptist Church building.
1993 – December: the Shiloh congregation marched joyfully into a newly enlarged and renovated sanctuary.
1995 – April: Church paid off the mortgage
1995 – established a non-profit agency called Shiloh Community Services, Inc. and purchased the Larry Holmes former training center building.
1996 – Shiloh Baptist Church becomes the lead agent in the building of ten new homes called the Shiloh Estates.
1998 – In July, Pastor Juanita Davis established the Shiloh Christian EduCare Center, a daycare facility in the Easton community for children ages 0-9. In December, Pastors Fred & Juanita Davis expanded the ministry of Shiloh Baptist Church to serve as foreign mission to Liberia, West Africa. The Shiloh family sent food, clothing, water, and medicine to help replenish the war-torn country of Liberia.
1999 – Shiloh, in conjunction with Lafayette College, presented a special event entitled “An Evening with Maya Angelou.”
As God continued to unify, fortify, and guide Shiloh toward His ultimate purpose, the Church began to better serve the needs of the Lehigh Valley area, with strong emphasis on reconciliation, restoration and rebuilding the body of Christ. In 1999, Shiloh began to out-grow the physical facilities at the Shiloh Chapel God gave Pastor Fred the vision to build a sanctuary that would seat approximately 1500, and the new "Greater Shiloh Church " complex was completed in May of 2003.
On May 10, 2005, God called Pastor Fred Davis home. The Greater Shiloh Family blessed God for allowing us to have our Moses with us for 31 years and for the works he established in this church and in this community. Former Senior Pastor Fred and Co- Pastor Juanita Davis kept the Shiloh family encouraged with the constant remembrance that “All things work together for good to them that love God, who are called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
On June 12, 2005, Pastor Phillip A. Davis was installed as our new Senior Pastor and the vision continues as an extension of the foundation laid.
It is a church with over 40 active ministries that meets the needs of all God's people.